Available for custom order on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/180005037/pregnancy-trimester-tracking-necklace
Beautiful pregnancy tracker and a keepsake, this necklace made with amethyst, labradorite, and unakite is a wonderful gift to an expectant mama. A movable charm with amethyst is used to indicate the current week of pregnancy. This necklace can be worn or kept on a bedside table, on a desk, or in a purse. The necklace arrives in a gift bag ready for giving, with an instruction card on how to use it.
When ordering, please pick a custom charm for your necklace from those pictured in the last photo. Please allow 3-5 days for the completion of the necklace. See below for the shipping time estimation.
The necklace is about 18 inches (46 cm) long. The necklace has 43 large beads, indicating the number of weeks your pregnancy might last. Trimesters are indicated in different colours, and there are separators for every 10 weeks, so you can tell where you are at a glance. Take a minute each week on the same day to move the charm and focus on where your body is right now in your pregnancy journey.
The stones used in the making of the necklace:
Amethyst is said to bring stability, strength, and peace, promote balance and healing, and reduce stress.
Labradorite symbolizes the moon and the sun, and is known for promoting strength, reducing stress and anxiety, assisting with digestion, and transformation.
Unakite is said to promote healthy pregnancy and delivery.
The following charms are available:
Tree of Life – symbolizes immortality and fertility
1. Diamond-shaped antiqued pewter Tree of Life
2. Coin-shaped gold-plated antiqued pewter double-sided Tree of Life
3. Coin-shaped antiqued silver-finished pewter double-sided Tree of Life
4. Circle-enclosed gold-plated antiqued pewter Tree of Life
5. Circle-enclosed antiqued pewter Tree of Life
Birth Goddess – symbolizes fertility, birth and growth
6. Gold-plated antiqued pewter Birth Goddess
7. Antiqued pewter Birth Goddess
Butterfly – symbolizes fertility, rebirth, transformation
8. Small antiqued pewter Butterfly
9. Antiqued pewter open-winged Butterfly
10. Antiqued brass-finished steel Butterfly
11. Gunmetal-finished steel Butterfly
Turtle – symbolizes fertility, longevity, good fortune
12. Pewter Turtle with fleur-de-lis cutout
13. Antiqued silver-finished pewter round Turtle
14. Antiqued pewter double-sided Turtle
Key – symbolizes liberation, knowledge, initiation, way to one’s heart
15. Antiqued silver Key
16. Gunmetal Key
17. Antiqued gold Key
18. Antiqued brass-finished pewter Key
19. Antiqued silver-finished pewter Key with Maiden-Mother-Crone symbol
Horseshoe – symbolizes good luck ad protection
20. Antiqued pewter Horseshoe
Dragonfly – symbolizes joy, lightness of being, good luck, transformation, and harmony
21. Antiqued gold-plated brass Dragonfly
22. Gunmetal-plated brass Dragonfly
23. Silver-plated brass Dragonfly
Frog – symbolizes fertility, love, giving birth to new life
24. Antiqued silver-finished pewter Frog with crystals
25. Antiqued silver-finished pewter Frog
Elephant – symbolizes fertility and pregnancy
26. Antiqued brass-finished pewter Elephant
27. Antiqued brass-finished pewter black Elephant
How to use the pregnancy necklace:
1) When you receive the necklace, place the charm after the bead indicating the number of weeks you are along in your pregnancy (e.g., if you are 15 weeks along, place the charm after bead 15). You would start from the end that has 10 large beads as its first segment.
2) Each week on the same week day as the estimated due date (e.g., Sunday) move charm by one bead.
If you do not know how far along you are in your pregnancy, here is how to calculate it (there is a free online tool – http://www.wolframalpha.com/ – that can help you with date subtractions):
1) Once you find out your estimated due date, note the day of the week (e.g., Sunday, Nov 3, 2013).
2) Subtract 40 weeks to get the start of your pregnancy (e.g., Sunday, Jan 27, 2013).
3) Subtract the start of your pregnancy from the current date (e.g., Tue, May 12) to get number of days (e.g., 107) and divide by 7 to get number of weeks (e.g., 15 weeks 2 days). Place the charm after that bead (e.g., you are now 15 weeks along).